We require 48 hours notice prior to departure to cancel or change a tour without penalty. Group bookings of 9 or more guests, as well as custom and private bookings, have a 7 day cancellation period.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Please read our Terms and Conditions, which includes our cancellation policy information.
We or the supplier reserve the right to cancel tours or change location due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of a cancellation on our part, you will be refunded by Norquay Mystic Ridge LTD. Norquay Mystic Ridge LTD can not be held liable for any injuries, losses or damages in any such way.
2 Mt.Norquay Road. Box 1520, Banff, Alberta, Canada, T1L 1B4Phone: 1 (403) 762-4421. email@example.com . Please visit us at www.banffnorquay.com.
Meeting Time: 30 MINUTES prior to departure
- 16-minute open-air chairlift ride (8 minutes up, 8 minutes down)
- Climb on fixed anchors, cables and ladders
- Viewing walkway and sightseeing platform
- Cliffhouse Bistro for snacks, meals, craft brews and wines (optional)
- 2 hour guided high-alpine climbing experience
- Professional ACMG certified guide
- Equipment orientation
- Harnesses, helmets and Via Ferrata leashes
- Access to free rental equipment if needed, including backpacks, hiking boots, rain jackets and pants
- Leave your car at the hotel or campground and allow us to bring you up to Mt Norquay. Buses run from Banff with pick-ups at major hotels. View schedule.
- The Via Ferrata is located at the Mt Norquay Ski Resort 6km (3.7 miles) from downtown Banff, via Mt Norquay Access Road meeting at the North American Lodge. For full driving directions, click here. Once you reach the top, pass the main car park on your right, making your way up the road another 300 meters before arriving at the North American Lodge on the left.
- You'll be up on a mountain so be sure to put some sunscreen and bring at least 1 litre of water and a snack in your backpack.
- Guests should bring all-weather/waterproof outerwear (e.g. rain jacket and soft-shell pants suitable for an outdoor activity involving moderate physical exertion), warm clothing layers and strong, sturdy footwear designed specifically for hiking. Free rentals are available for guests who need footwear, outerwear, and backpacks. Available on a first come first serve basis. We can’t guarantee availability or sizes.
- Click here for a full list of what to wear and bring.
- Participants must arrive at least 30 minutes in advance.
- The minimum age is 12 years old and the minimum weight is 40kg (88lbs).
- The maximum weight is 140kgs (308lbs).
- The guide to guest ratio is 1:8 for each group. Groups larger than 8 will be split between two guides.
- All adult participants are required to sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed and signed by a legal guardian for any participant under the age of 18 years. The waiver can be viewed here.