We require 48 hours' notice prior to departure to cancel or change a tour without penalty. ie you have any time up until 48 hours prior to your tour to cancel or change and receive a full refund, no questions asked. Any cancellations or changes within 48 hours, late-comers, or no-shows for any tour will not be rescheduled or refunded.
Group bookings of 9 or more guests, as well as custom and private bookings, have a 7 day cancellation period.
We reserve the right to cancel, change or shorten tours due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of a cancellation on our part, you will be rescheduled or refunded at your discretion.
Meeting Time: 30 MINUTES prior to departure
- 16-minute open-air chairlift ride (8 minutes up, 8 minutes down)
- Climb on fixed anchors, cables, and ladders
- Viewing walkway and sightseeing platform
- Cliffhouse Bistro for snacks, meals, craft brews, and wines (optional)
- 2 - 3 hour guided high-alpine climbing experience
- Professional ACMG certified guide
- Equipment orientation
- Harnesses, helmets, and Via Ferrata leashes
- Access to free rental equipment if needed, including backpacks, hiking boots, rain jackets, and pants. (While operating during the COVID-19 pandemic we recommend bringing your own suitable hiking boots and gear where possible)
Free Hourly Shuttle:
- Leave your car at the hotel, campground, or the free intercept parking lot at the Banff Train Station and allow us to bring you up to Mt Norquay. Buses run hourly with pick-ups at several downtown locations including the free intercept parking lot. View schedule.
- The Via Ferrata is located at the Mt Norquay Ski Resort 6km (3.7 miles) from downtown Banff, via Mt Norquay Access Road meeting at the North American Lodge. For full driving directions, click here. Once you reach the top, pass the main car park on your right, making your way up the road another 300 meters before arriving at the North American Lodge on the left.
- You'll be up on a mountain so be sure to put on some sunscreen and bring at least 1 litre of water and a snack in your backpack.
- Guests should bring all-weather/waterproof outerwear (e.g. rain jacket and soft-shell pants suitable for an outdoor activity involving moderate physical exertion), warm clothing layers, and strong, sturdy footwear designed specifically for hiking. Free rentals are available for guests who need footwear, outerwear, and backpacks. Available on a first come first serve basis. We can’t guarantee availability or sizes. (While operating during the COVID-19 pandemic we recommend bringing your own suitable hiking boots and gear where possible)
- Click here for a full list of what to wear and bring.
- Participants must arrive at least 30 minutes in advance.
- The minimum age is 12 years old and the minimum weight is 40kg (88lbs).
- The maximum weight is 140kgs (308lbs).
- The guide to guest ratio is 1:8 for each group. Groups larger than 8 will be split between two guides.
- All adult participants are required to sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed and signed by a legal guardian for any participant under the age of 18 years. An online waiver will be provided and we ask that the waiver is completed before arriving at Mt Norquay.