COVID-19: We ask that anyone experiencing symptoms including cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat, or have traveled outside Canada in the last 14 days, or have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19 must not visit us at this time.
Single-day Lift Tickets
Tickets are non-refundable except for circumstances related to COVID-19. Circumstances include the potential closure of the resort, individual health issues, or travel restrictions that prevent travel to Norquay.
Tickets can be transferred to another day but not within 24 hours of the booked day.
If you would like to submit a refund claim, have questions in regard to this policy, or to request a transfer to another day please contact our Guest Services team at 1-844-667-7829 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exclusion of Liability: Please be aware users of Norquay's premises and facilities assume all risks and Norquay shall not be held liable for any personal injury, death, or property loss. Please click here and carefully read the Exclusion of Liability.
Cancellation Policy: We require 48 hours notice prior to departure to cancel or change a tour without penalty. Group bookings of 9 or more guests, as well as custom and private bookings, have a 7 day cancellation period.
Liability Waiver: All adult via ferrata participants must sign a liability waiver prior to participating. Participants under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian. A digital waiver link is provided with your booking confirmation, we ask that all participants sign the digital waiver prior to arriving at Mt Norquay.
Sightseeing Cancellation Policy
Sightseeing tickets are sold as non-transferable and non-refundable. Tickets can be used on any day during the summer operating season for which they were purchased.
We reserve the right to cancel tours or change location due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of a cancellation on our part, you will be refunded by Norquay Mystic Ridge LTD. Norquay Mystic Ridge LTD can not be held liable for any injuries, losses, or damages in any way.
2 Mt.Norquay Road
Box 1520, Banff, Alberta, Canada
Please visit us at www.banffnorquay.com
Meeting Time: 30 MINUTES prior to departure
- 16-minute open-air chairlift ride (8 minutes up, 8 minutes down)
- Climb on fixed anchors, cables and ladders
- Viewing walkway and sightseeing platform
- Cliffhouse Bistro for snacks, meals, craft brews and wines (optional)
- 4 hour guided high-alpine climbing experience
- Professional ACMG certified guide
- Equipment orientation
- Harnesses, helmets and Via Ferrata leashes
- Access to free rental equipment if needed, including backpacks, hiking boots, rain jackets and pants. (While operating during the COVID-19 pandemic we recommend bringing your own suitable hiking boots and gear where possible)
Leave your car at the hotel or campground and allow us to bring you up to Mt Norquay. Buses run from Banff with pick-ups at major hotels. View schedule.Due to COVID-19 Shuttle Service is not available at this time.
- The Via Ferrata is located at the Mt Norquay Ski Resort 6km (3.7 miles) from downtown Banff, via Mt Norquay Access Road meeting at the North American Lodge. For full driving directions, click here. Once you reach the top, pass the main car park on your right, making your way up the road another 300 meters before arriving at the North American Lodge on the left.
- You'll be up on a mountain so be sure to put some sunscreen and bring at least 1 litre of water and a snack in your backpack.
- Guests should bring all-weather/waterproof outerwear (e.g. rain jacket and soft-shell pants suitable for an outdoor activity involving moderate physical exertion), warm clothing layers and strong, sturdy footwear designed specifically for hiking. Free rentals are available for guests who need footwear, outerwear, and backpacks. Available on a first come first serve basis. We can’t guarantee availability or sizes. (While operating during the COVID-19 pandemic we recommend bringing your own suitable hiking boots and gear where possible)
- Click here for a full list of what to wear and bring.
- Participants must arrive at least 30 minutes in advance.
- The minimum age is 12 years old and the minimum weight is 40kg (88lbs).
- The maximum weight is 140kgs (308lbs).
The guide to guest ratio is 1:8 for each group. Groups larger than 8 will be split between two guides. Due to Covid-19 we have reduced our guide to guest ratio to 1:4. Private group bookings are available for an additional fee. Larger group bookings can be arranged via email@example.com. Mt.Norquay reserves the right to change group sizes at any time without notice.
- All adult participants are required to sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed and signed by a legal guardian for any participant under the age of 18 years. An online waiver will be provided and we ask that the waiver is completed before arriving at Mt Norquay.